R. Paul Svoboda MD
Born and raised in Arkansas, it was an easy decision for Dr. Paul Svoboda to select the heart of the state for his practice. After receiving his undergraduate degree at Ouachita Baptist University in Arkadelphia, AR followed by his Medical Doctorate degree from the University of Arkansas Medical Sciences, Dr. Svoboda prepared for his career through 10 years of extensive study and practice. It was then he decided that Little Rock allowed him the greatest access to treat patients needing expertise in gastroenterology.
Dr. Svoboda understands that true medical care comes at the intersection of expertise and the relationship with the patient. The patient experience is not only about the doctor’s knowledge and skill in medicine, but also about the ability to connect, listen, focus and recognize the individual and his/her specific needs and situation. Dr. Svoboda and his staff believe this is what makes the difference in the care of each and every patient.
While Dr. Svoboda has earned many awards and accolades, he will be the first to tell you that the most important things in his life are his faith and his family and that those two things create the foundation for his success as a physician. He and his wife are actively involved with their three children and spend much of their free time as a family. Dr. Svoboda also enjoys the hunting and fishing that the “natural state” has provided to him his entire life.
- Board Certified in Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- B.S. Biology Ouachita Baptist University, Arkadelphia, AR
- Doctor of Medicine UAMS, Little Rock, AR
- Specialized Training in Inflammatory Bowel Disease Northwestern Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Internal Medicine Residency UAMS, Little Rock, AR
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship UAMS, Little Rock, AR
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Barton Foundation Scholarship Recipient
- George L. Ackerman Outstanding Intern Award for Internal Medicine
- UAMS Outstanding Gastroenterology Fellow