Thai Buddha Bowl
This healthy and delicious Thai dish carefully balances sweet, salty and spicy flavors.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch, diced in cubes
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 tbsp, extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 c. cooked brown rice
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425. On a large baking sheet, spray a light mist of olive oil cooking spray, toss sweet potatoes and onion with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast until tender about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic and ginger. Cook until golden and no longer pink. 8 minutes per side, Let rest 10 minutes then slice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together, garlic, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, and honey, whisk in sesame oil and 1 Tbsp. olive oil until smooth.
- Divide rice among four bowls and top each with sweet potato mixture, chicken, avocado, and baby spinach. Sprinkle cilantro and sesame seeds and drizzle with dressing before serving.
Serving Size: ¼ recipe
Fat: 24 g
Calories from fat: 224
Protein: 39 g
Carbohydrates: 81 g
Photo Credit: Damn Delicious - www.damndelicious.net